First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You’re engaged!!!! We are so excited for you and would love to hear how your love proposed to you! Seriously, tell us in the comments below. Back to the topic you came here for, the wedding planning checklist! There’s a lot to do, when it’s broken down a manageable pieces we know you can do it! Fun fact, we planned our wedding in SIX MONTHS!!! So, we know you can do this!
10 – 12 Months List
- First and foremost, figure out your budget!
- Look up inspiration and ideas!
- Start creating your guest list
- Secure your venue to reserve your wedding date!
- Book your photographer and schedule your Engagement Photos so that you can get your save the dates out!
- Start a wedding website as a central place for all your friends and family to stay updated on the details
- Make a fun day with your Mom, Grandma and most trusted friends while you go dress shopping
- Hire a wedding planner to keep the stress down as well as to handle wedding day of things
- Start checking out Caterers
- Who will be officiating your wedding?
- Start dreaming up your ideal honeymoon!
6 – 9 Months | Stay on Plan!
- Look into florist, cake designer, entertainment, invitations
- Gift Registry…make sure your fiancé gets to have fun adding things on to the list!
- Contact nearby Hotel(s) for a room block for out-of-town guest
- Let’s start getting the bridal party outfits
- Will you be exiting your special day in a limo or vintage vehicle? Do you want to offer valet parking for your guests?
- Friends and family will want to through you a bridal shower and /or a bachelorette party…. start dialing in the details as well as guest lists
3-5 Months | Your Wedding is almost here!
- You will want to do a rehearsal! Trust us! And you already know you’ll have close family and friends in town so lock in your rehearsal details & guest list
- Do you venue offer all the rentals (chairs, tables, etc.) that you’ll need? Or will you need to look in these?
- Do you have wedding favors in mind? Perhaps book a photobooth?
- It’s time to start finalizing things (guest list, invitation wording, programs, ceremony readings, vows)
- Start looking a menus, food and beverage details
- Order your thank you cards, another great way to utilize your engagement photos
- Your wedding photographer, venue and planner can help you with your timelines to keep things in line!
- If you haven’t already, have your hair & makeup trial
- Shop for your wedding bands
- Finalize honeymoon detail plans (do you need passports?)
6 – 8 Weeks
- If you haven’t done so already, mail out invitations…Have a way of tracking RSVPs.
- Confirm details with all your vendors
- Look into marriage license details and name change paperwork
- Have your dress fitting
- Why not have some fun and take dance lessons? Maybe turn it into a date night? Aka no wedding planning for just a minute!
- Put your bridal party to work! Is all their attire in order? Delegate things you need help with!
- Write thank you cards for shower gifts and early wedding gifts received
3 – 5 Weeks
You are so close to completing your wedding planning checklist! Keep up the awesome pace!
Time to start finalizing and confirm details:
- Wedding vows and officiant reading
- Shot List with your photographer
- Song list with your entertainment
- Timeline, who’s giving toasts
- Wedding night and honeymoon accommodations
- Marriage license and name-change documents
- Pick up wedding rings
- Send out rehearsal dinner invites
- Do you have something old, new, borrowed and blue?
- Wedding party gifts and parents’ gifts, because they have done A LOT!
- Final dress fitting (bring your shoes and appropriate undergarments)
- Who’s not rsvp’d?
- Give caterer and venue final guest count
1 – 2 Weeks |Wedding Week is just about here!
- Arrange seating chart/place cards
- Pick up your wedding gown
- Confirm arrival times and finalize wedding timeline with vendors and wedding party
- Do you have a bridal emergency kit?
- Start packing for your honeymoon
- Get a massage! You totally earned it! Take a minute away and relax!!
The Day Before!
- Place all wedding-day items together and ready to go! (Don’t forget the rings and marriage license!)
- Assign someone to pack up your gifts/cards/belongings after the reception (don’t forget the top tier of your cake!).
- Thank your best friend for agreeing to return your groom’s tux and other rental items the day after the wedding. Also have your Wedding dress cleaned and preserved at a trusted place!
- Enjoy a mani-pedi. A nice little break allows for a little pampering!
- Attend your rehearsal and dinner.
- Give out wedding party gifts.
- Try to go to bed early…you need your beauty sleep tonight.